About Little Drops
21st January 1991
Board of Trustees:
1. C Selvaraj Bovas
2. Edgar Jones Paul
3. I Daniel Pradeep
Selvaraj Bovas comes from a middle-class family of 4 (3 brothers and a sister) and has been a compassionate and caring person since childhood. He has been working full time with Little Drops since its inception.
Edgar Jones Paul who comes from a family of 7 (4 brothers and 3 sisters), lost his father when he was 12. It was a difficult childhood but he worked for a large Indian airline company, from which he took voluntary retirement to devote all his time to the Home.
I Daniel Pradeep works with HCL, one of India’s premier information technology companies. He is the only trustee is who is not involved full time in the Home.
Aims and Objectives:
- To run a home for aged destitute men and women
- To rehabilitate widows and deserted women
- To provide quality education to rural poor children
- To open a clinical lab for the financial weak
- To provide vocational training to school dropouts
- To launch intensive social awareness campaigns
Sources of Funds:
The financial needs of the Home are met through donations and subscriptions from friends and well-wishers.
- Subscriptions: You could subscribe on a regular basis, contributing to meeting day to day expenditure. In accordance with your convenience and ability to pay, you can choose to make monthly / half-yearly / yearly donations, enabling Little Drops to assess incomes and utilise resources more effectively
- Annual Fundraising Programme: These are mostly held in the month of December, to coincide with Christmas celebrations. An auditorium is booked in the city and a variety entertainment programme is held against an entrance fee
- School Programme: This programme is conducted to bring to the attention of the young people, the plight of those less fortunate than themselves. Competitions are held in colouring, drawing, essay writing for different age groups on social themes, against a participation fee
- Trash & Treasure
All donations made in India are exempt from income tax under Section 80G of the Income Tax Act 1961 All donations will be acknowledged with a letter and an 80G certificate.Donations are accepted in foreign exchange. The details are as follows:
Designated Bank: State Bank of India
Branch: K.K Nagar, Chennai – 600 078
Account No: 10257137529
SWIFT Code: SBIN IN BB105